Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Thank You

My Crew are pretty normal kids (as far as I can tell). They can make a massive mess in no time flat. They'd rather play than work. And they are often oblivious to what's going on around them.

Our week has been chaotic, and the chores have fallen behind. So after sending the kids to bed last night, I started cleaning the kitchen. Shorty was gone for a while, and that seemed like the best use of my time. When Shorty is gone at bedtime, the Crew is INCREDIBLY reluctant to actually go to sleep. So within a few minutes my son was back in the living room. I don't remember what his first comment was, but just before he turned to go back to bed he said, "Thank you for loading the dishwasher for me, Mama."

"Thank you" is such a small expression. Just two syllables. And yet, those two syllables have the ability to bring sunlight to the darkest of days. Why? Because "thank you" says I noticed what you did. It mattered. And I'm grateful for your sacrifice. So be ready to express your thanks next time someone serves you. And remember that there is no one more deserving of our thanks than Christ. He made the ultimate sacrifice to save us from our sin.

Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

No comments:

Post a Comment