Friday, July 22, 2016

The Whole Picture

My family loves puzzles. We like to set up a table with a 500+ piece jigsaw and work on it bit by bit until it's done. If you've ever worked a big one like that, you know that for the most part you can pick up a piece and maybe have a general idea where it might fit, but it doesn't really look like much of anything.

Recently we had to do a dresser swap. Somehow no one's clothes quite fit in the dressers they were using. After several trips for supplies, a few coats of paint, and a full day of shifting, we are all settled again. During the middle of the shifting, one of my girls began to tell me how we "should" arrange things. While her idea wasn't bad, what she didn't know was that I had measured several times and made arrangements for the pieces of furniture that we were lacking. So I told her that she couldn't see the whole plan and she needed to trust that I could see the whole plan and that it was a good plan. As I was speaking, it was as though the Lord was whispering the same things in my ear. "Precious child, you don't see the whole plan. You have no idea how much is involved in the circumstances of your life. But I see the whole plan, and it is a GOOD plan. Trust me."

Dear Christian, I don't even know the full details of my own story, much less the details of yours. But I know the God who is writing both our stories into the marvelous fullness of His great story. The story of the greatest Father who sent His perfect Son to reconcile sinners to Himself through the cross. Then sent the Spirit to live in us and work holiness into our lives. And I know He is GOOD! Whatever trials you may be facing, trust in your Father who cares for you!

Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you, casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.
1 Peter 5:6-7

For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.
Isaiah 55:8-9

And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose. For those whom he foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, in order that he might be the firstborn among many brothers. And those whom he predestined he also called, and those whom he called he also justified, and those whom he justified he also glorified. What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? He who did not spare his own Son but gave him up for us all, how will he not also with him graciously give us all things?
Romans 8:28-32

No comments:

Post a Comment