Monday, November 28, 2016

Feed Your Soul

If you know me well (or read my blog often ;) ) you will notice that food is a common theme in my life. I love to cook! I love to eat good food (taste-bud-tickling or "good for you")! And we have just celebrated one of my favorite holidays! Because PIE! I love the crust. I love the filling. I love the mixing and making. And when it's time for eating, I savor every bite. But unless some pies of the savory variety are included, you can't live on pie alone...

I was recently talking with a little sister in the faith about her wrestling with sin, and I asked her when was the last time she had read her Bible. She responded that she wasn't sure. Then I asked her when was the last time she had fed her physical stomach. It had only been a couple hours. You can probably guess that my next question was, "If you only fed your physical body as often as you are feeding your soul, how healthy would you be?"

So, Christian, I'll pose the same question to you. When was the last time you fed your soul?

Oh, taste and see that the LORD is good!
Blessed is the man who takes refuge in Him!
Psalm 34:8

And he humbled you and let you hunger and fed you with manna, which you did not know, nor did your fathers know, that he might make you know that man does not live by bread alone, but man lives by every word that comes from the mouth of the LORD.
Deuteronomy 8:3

Like newborn infants, long for the pure spiritual milk, that by it you may grow up into salvation-- if indeed you have tasted that the Lord is good.
1 Peter 2:2-3

Jesus said to them, "I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me shall not hunger, and whoever believes in me shall never thirst."
John 6:35

No comments:

Post a Comment