Tuesday, August 22, 2017

My Glory

My Glory

Moses, my son
turn your eyes back to me.
Remember the bush?
What did I say?
Pharaoh will not listen to you
His heart is stone and his ears are clay
He believes himself a god...
But he will know-- I am.

I will unleash
the strength of my outstretched arm
creatures and elements
obey my voice
Pharaoh will not listen to them
His ears are clay and his heart is stone
until I take his treasure-- his son
Then he will know-- I am.

When you were in Egypt
you thought yourself a star.
People knew you.
People liked you.
But I didn't need a star
I chose a shepherd's mouth, his tender heart
to speak my glory
So you will know-- I am.

Moses, my son
keep your eyes on me
Behold my glory
Let it seep in
My glory will change you
give you ears that hear and heart of flesh
You will shine like a star
The nations will know-- I am.

But the LORD said to Moses, "Now you shall see what I will do to Pharaoh; for with a strong hand he will send them out, and with a strong hand he will drive them out of his land." God spoke to Moses and said to him, "I am the LORD. I appeared to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, as God Almighty, but by my name the LORD I did not make myself known to them. I also established my covenant with them to give them the land of Canaan, the land in which they lived as sojourners. Moreover, I have heard the groaning of the people of Israel whom the Egyptians hold as slaves, and I have remembered my covenant. Say therefore to the people of Israel, 'I am the LORD, and I will bring you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians, and I will deliver you from slavery to them, and I will redeem you with an outstretched arm and with great acts of judgment. I will take you to be my people, and I will be your God, and you shall know that I am the LORD your God, who has brought you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians. I will bring you into the land that I swore to give to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob. I will give it to you for a possession. I am the LORD.'"
Exodus 6:1-8
 

No comments:

Post a Comment