Friday, November 3, 2017

A Lament

A Lament

I will bring my complaint before the LORD--
This is all your fault!
You put that crazy ant in my ear
something about holiness
You compelled me to pray dangerous prayers
things like patience and purity
You said it would be hard--
I didn't realize HOW hard!
You said it would be worth it!
You didn't say I'd have to wait SO LONG!
So I sit in the pigsty
and add my own slime to the party...
as I wait for the day
when my King, my Love
brings heaven to earth.

A Prayer of one afflicted, when he is faint and pours out his complaint before the LORD.
 Hear my prayer, O LORD;
let my cry come to you!
Do not hide your face from me 
in the day of my distress!
Incline your ear to me; 
answer me speedily in the day when I call!
Psalm 102:1-2 

No comments:

Post a Comment