Sunday, June 23, 2013

Plan B???

Have you ever had one of those days when you really didn't have anything planned, but nothing goes "according to plan"? (I do recognize the absurdity of that question.) I was having one of those recently. No real plans, just some possibilities for a lazy, fun day with my family. But suddenly, the possibilities altered, and my non-plans had to be adjusted... And I was grumpy! (Again, I recognize the absurdity!) In fact, I was in a bad mood for a good chunk of the morning. =P

But after lunch, I sat down to practice my memory verses. (I LOVE Scripture Typer!) And I was rebuked for my sour (read that "sinful") attitude.

And you were dead in the trespasses and sins in which you once walked,... and were by nature children of wrath, like the rest of mankind. But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us, even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ--by grace you have been saved--
Ephesians 2:1-2a,4-5


God loved me when I was utterly unlovely-- I mean, how attractive is a corpse??? And He made me alive with Christ... but I wasn't acting like I'd been made alive, I was acting like I was still spiritually dead. And as that was sinking in, I began reviewing another verse:

Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them.
Psalms 139:16


I was reminded that there is no "Plan B". This day with its "non-plans" and adjustments was mapped out for me before I was born... probably from eternity past, so that God could make me a little more like my Savior. And ultimately so that He would receive the glory that He deserves.

"Worthy are you, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power, for you created all things, and by your will they existed and were created."
Revelation 4:11

No comments:

Post a Comment