Friday, June 28, 2013

WHY???

Do you ever find yourself asking, "Why?" I've been doing it this morning...
"Why did we have to get sick this week?"
"Why do I have to live in this decade/generation?"
Basically, I'm throwing a grand pity party-- attendance 1. There are three more pity parties being thrown simultaneously by my Crew. I'm not being much of an example of godliness right now. So in answer to my own questions: We get sick because we live in a fallen world. And the fact that we are ever healthy is a gift of grace.


And when Jesus entered Peter's house, he saw his mother-in-law lying sick with a fever. He touched her hand, and the fever left her, and she rose and began to serve him. That evening they brought to him many who were oppressed by demons, and he cast out the spirits with a word and healed all who were sick. This was to fulfill what was spoken by the prophet Isaiah: "He took our illnesses and bore our diseases."
Matthew 8:14-17
 

Surely he has borne our griefs and carried our sorrows; yet we esteemed him stricken, smitten by God, and afflicted. But he was wounded for our transgressions; he was crushed for our iniquities; upon him was the chastisement that brought us peace, and with his stripes we are healed.
Isaiah 53:4-5


And why do I live NOW and not some other time?

Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them.
Psalms 139:16

No comments:

Post a Comment