Wednesday, September 18, 2013

My Song

Well, the song that I was collaborating on debuted in our worship service this past Sunday. And I was so thankful that it ministered to so many that were there. (That was the point!) But I really struggled with everyone calling it MY song. I only wrote the words... and I borrowed the concepts... and I just didn't want to take credit for it. I wanted it to be a service to my church family-- and beyond if it pleases the Lord. But my Shorty gave me an awesome insight on Sunday afternoon. (He's my best encouragement. =)) He commented that the song really fits my niche. He said, "You know, everybody's got their thing that they're really passionate about, and really good at. Your niche is delighting in the Lord. And your desire is that others delight in Him too, and know how much he delights in them." At that point, I realized that I can claim the song as my own. Because it IS my passion. It IS what drives my ministry to my brothers and sisters in Christ. Delight in the Lord!

The LORD is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation. Glad songs of salvation are in the tents of the righteous: "The right hand of the LORD does valiantly, the right hand of the LORD exalts, the right hand of the LORD does valiantly!"
Psalms 118:14-16
 

How can a young man keep his way pure? By guarding it according to your word. 
With my whole heart I seek you; let me not wander from your commandments! 
I have stored up your word in my heart, that I might not sin against you. 
Blessed are you, O LORD; teach me your statutes! 
With my lips I declare all the rules of your mouth. 
In the way of your testimonies I delight as much as in all riches. 
I will meditate on your precepts and fix my eyes on your ways. 
I will delight in your statutes; I will not forget your word.
Psalms 119:9-16
 

Delight yourself in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the LORD; trust in him, and he will act.
Psalms 37:4-5
 

Though you have not seen him, you love him. Though you do not now see him, you believe in him and rejoice with joy that is inexpressible and filled with glory, obtaining the outcome of your faith, the salvation of your souls.
1 Peter 1:8-9

No comments:

Post a Comment