Monday, July 1, 2013

Engage Your Brain

"Engage your brain." is one of my current most repeated phrases. Not only are my Crew old enough to think, but Shorty and I have been training them to think-- and think WELL. One of my precious daughters generally tries to excuse her bad attitude by saying that she "didn't know" or "didn't realize" or "didn't think" that she was being disrespectful. This morning as I was shepherding her again, I pointed her toward Psalm 119. I had noticed several things in this Psalm as I read it this morning. (More observations to come... ;)) I told her that if she acts without thinking, her response will probably be sinful because she is still sinful. Just like if I'm not THINKING, my responses will probably be sinful because I'm still sinful. And not just thinking, but thinking about God and His ways. And then I reminded her that Christ always thought and spoke and lived God's way IN OUR PLACE!

I will meditate on your precepts and fix my eyes on your ways.
Psalms 119:15

I will delight in your statutes; I will not forget your word.
Psalms 119:16

Make me understand the way of your precepts, and I will meditate on your wondrous works.
Psalms 119:27

I will lift up my hands toward your commandments, which I love, and I will meditate on your statutes.
Psalms 119:48

When I think of your rules from of old, I take comfort, O LORD.
Psalms 119:52

I remember your name in the night, O LORD, and keep your law.
Psalms 119:55

When I think on my ways, I turn my feet to your testimonies;
Psalms 119:59

Let the insolent be put to shame, because they have wronged me with falsehood; as for me, I will meditate on your precepts.
Psalms 119:78

For I have become like a wineskin in the smoke, yet I have not forgotten your statutes.
Psalms 119:83

I hold my life in my hand continually, but I do not forget your law.
Psalms 119:109

I am small and despised, yet I do not forget your precepts.
Psalms 119:141

My eyes are awake before the watches of the night, that I may meditate on your promise.
Psalms 119:148

Look on my affliction and deliver me, for I do not forget your law.
Psalms 119:153

I have gone astray like a lost sheep; seek your servant, for I do not forget your commandments.
Psalms 119:176

No comments:

Post a Comment