Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Lean Hard On Me

There are seasons in life that are just HARD. Like when winter drags into spring but the ice just won't melt. Or when spring rains continue too long and the flood waters rise. Or when the scorching heat of summer comes too early and stays for months and months. Or maybe your babies are struggling through some illness that just won't let go. Or maybe your kids are a little older, and they keep you running from early to late and beyond. Or maybe a close relative is dying from a slow and painful disease. Or maybe God is gently stripping one of your idols from your grasp, but it feels anything but gentle... And you are tired.

These are the moments when we need others to walk alongside us. We need them to point our gaze upward toward our gracious Savior. We need them to pray for us. I have sisters and brothers in the faith like this. And this is one of those seasons for me. I'm leaning hard because I can't keep going on my own. I can't grow in faithfulness on my own. And I know that this season will pass. I won't need to lean so hard for a while. I'll be ready for them to lean hard on me. And we'll all lean hard on our Savior!

Two are better than one, because they have a good reward for their toil. For if they fall, one will lift up his fellow. But woe to him who is alone when he falls and has not another to lift him up! Again, if two lie together, they keep warm, but how can one keep warm alone? And though a man might prevail against one who is alone, two will withstand him--a threefold cord is not quickly broken.
Ecclesiastes 4:9-12
 

Take care, brothers, lest there be in any of you an evil, unbelieving heart, leading you to fall away from the living God. But exhort one another every day, as long as it is called "today," that none of you may be hardened by the deceitfulness of sin.
Hebrews 3:12-13
 

To the choirmaster: according to Do Not Destroy. A Miktam of David, when he fled from Saul, in the cave. Be merciful to me, O God, be merciful to me, for in you my soul takes refuge; in the shadow of your wings I will take refuge, till the storms of destruction pass by. I cry out to God Most High, to God who fulfills his purpose for me.
Psalms 57:1-2


No comments:

Post a Comment