Monday, January 19, 2015

All People Will Know

When I got up this morning, thoughts of doctors and hospitals were the furthest thing from my mind. It is a holiday, the weather was beautiful, and we had planned an afternoon trip to the zoo. Instead we had our first broken bone. My son had spent the night with a friend, and had an accident with his new ripstick. We met them at the local hospital where the doctor quickly began the process to fix the arm.

We had all the usual suspects for support, doctors, nurses, and other medical staff. Shorty has family who work at the hospital, and they were with us off and on. And my parents live in town. But we were also served by several of our church family through their presence, prayers, food, calls to check on us, and care for our girls.

After we got home and the excitement wore off, I was reminded of when Jesus told His disciples that they would be known by their love for each other. The world is watching how we love. The acts of love we were offered were quiet. So maybe sometimes they "see" because we tell.

A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another. By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.
John 13:34-35

No comments:

Post a Comment