Thursday, January 29, 2015

Weakness

I have been accused by my friends and family of being Supermom. She's the one who seems to always have something going, and be doing it all well. My Crew will tell a slightly different story depending on the kid and the day. But since actions speak louder than words, and they are perpetually asking me to commit to another "something", I think they must think I'm pretty super too.

Let me be incredibly honest. I don't have it all together. I try really hard to do what I do faithfully and with excellence, but I am weak. There are days, weeks, months, when I feel like I'm failing at everything. There are times when I feel like I'm drowning in responsibilities. I. Am. Weak. And that doesn't even begin to touch my sin struggles!

As I've struggled with my weakness and sin the past few weeks, three things have stood out to me. First, God is my rock. Inevitably the worst days are the ones when I try to make it in my own strength (which is insubstantial). Second, God loves me. He proves this by His patient and persistent correction, and by the care of His people for me. And third, His strength is highlighted by my weakness. To be able to utilize the strength of a mighty person isn't that impressive. But to use a weakling in mighty ways shows amazing strength. So, I will boast of my weakness for His might to be magnified.


But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
2 Corinthians 12: 9-10

No comments:

Post a Comment