Sunday, January 4, 2015

Lavish

My Shorty LOVES to give me gifts. He listens when I say I like something. He seems to store each "like" away in a mental filing cabinet. The month of December is particularly fun for him as both my birthday and Christmas fall in it. This year it felt like he was especially lavish, although I don't think he actually spent any more than normal.

I pondered this a lot in the throes of our holiday busyness. I was repeatedly reminded of the lavish nature of God's interactions with us. We were utterly unlovely. We had chosen to be His enemies. But He sent His Son to save us from our sins. And not just to pay our sin debt, but to make us part of His family! He who did not spare his own Son but gave him up for us all, how will he not also with him graciously give us all things? (Romans8:32)

In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of his grace, which he lavished upon us, in all wisdom and insight making known to us the mystery of his will, according to his purpose, which he set forth in Christ as a plan for the fullness of time, to unite all things in him, things in heaven and things on earth.
Ephesians 1:7-10

No comments:

Post a Comment