Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Better

I love my little house! That has not always been my sentiment. In fact, for several years it was the exact opposite! But now with moving only a couple weeks away, I'm feeling sentimental. A friend asked me recently if I'd be sad to move. I replied that I'm SURE that I will be bawling as I do the final clean! It's my first house! We bought it a few months before we got married, we've worked... and worked.... and worked... and worked on making it better than we bought it, and I brought all my babies home from the hospital to these four walls. So yes! I'll be sad. But I'm also SOOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED for our new (to us) house! I can't wait to make it our home! It is perfect for us! I was thinking about all the things we KNEW we wanted-- two bathrooms and a bigger kitchen being on the top of the list. But there are so MANY things that I wouldn't have even thought to ask for! I am SO THANKFUL for my God who gives good gifts, in His PERFECT timing, and knows what I need BETTER than I do!!

"Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and the one who seeks finds, and to the one who knocks it will be opened. Or which one of you, if his son asks him for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a serpent? If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask him!
Matthew 7:7-11


And the BEST gift is His Son! =)

In the same way we also, when we were children, were enslaved to the elementary principles of the world. But when the fullness of time had come, God sent forth his Son, born of woman, born under the law, to redeem those who were under the law, so that we might receive adoption as sons. And because you are sons, God has sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, crying, "Abba! Father!" So you are no longer a slave, but a son, and if a son, then an heir through God.
Galatians 4:3-7
 

In this the love of God was made manifest among us, that God sent his only Son into the world, so that we might live through him. In this is love, not that we have loved God but that he loved us and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.
1 John 4:9-10

No comments:

Post a Comment