Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Immortality

This morning my Crew watched "On the Spot". The theme of the show was super powers. They talked about super strength, ability to fly, and inability to feel pain. Before the last commercial break, they asked the question, "True or False? Humans can live forever." My Crew said "false". I took advantage of the teaching moment this afforded! When God created Adam and Eve, He created them to live forever. So I asked them what causes us to die. The answer is sin. Will my body die? Well, am I a sinner? The answer to both questions is yes. But-- If Christ returns in His kingdom before my body dies, I will live on. And if not, when He returns, those who died believing in the saving work of Christ will be raised to eternal life! =)

Behold! I tell you a mystery. We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we shall be changed. For this perishable body must put on the imperishable, and this mortal body must put on immortality. When the perishable puts on the imperishable, and the mortal puts on immortality, then shall come to pass the saying that is written: "Death is swallowed up in victory." "O death, where is your victory? O death, where is your sting?" The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
1 Corinthians 15:51-57

No comments:

Post a Comment