Friday, April 12, 2013

How DARE I?

I've mentioned before that I learn more by shepherding my Crew than I do probably any other way. I just had a moment of that while instructing my son. He's been being very selfish this morning. Yelling and snapping at his sisters for touching "his" toys or whatever it is he's tinkering with at the moment. So I said to him, "Son, Christ temporarily left the glories of heaven to become a man and live in a fallen, sinful world so that He can share ALL THAT HE HAS with His people." And it hit me-- like a ton of bricks!!!-- How DARE I be selfish with ANYTHING!!! Not only has it all been given to me to begin with. Not only do I not deserve ANY of the good things that I receive. But Christ left ALL the glories that He DESERVES so that He can share His glory with me! All the nations you have made shall come and worship before you, O Lord, and shall glorify your name. For you are great and do wondrous things; you alone are God.
Psalms 86:9-10


But Jesus called them to him and said, "You know that the rulers of the Gentiles lord it over them, and their great ones exercise authority over them. It shall not be so among you. But whoever would be great among you must be your servant, and whoever would be first among you must be your slave, even as the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many."
Matthew 20:25-28
 

For you did not receive the spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you have received the Spirit of adoption as sons, by whom we cry, "Abba! Father!" The Spirit himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, and if children, then heirs--heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, provided we suffer with him in order that we may also be glorified with him.
Romans 8:15-17


Let each of us please his neighbor for his good, to build him up. For Christ did not please himself, but as it is written, "The reproaches of those who reproached you fell on me." For whatever was written in former days was written for our instruction, that through endurance and through the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope. May the God of endurance and encouragement grant you to live in such harmony with one another, in accord with Christ Jesus, that together you may with one voice glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Romans 15:2-6



No comments:

Post a Comment