Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Do It WELL

There are things that I really like about older houses... and then there are things that I don't like. I grew up doing minor-- and not so minor-- remodel jobs in the houses we inhabited. I learned a lot and am SO THANKFUL for all those experiences! Shorty and I are now on our second older home. (Prepare for a rant.) Today as I was scrubbing our shower, I found a spot where some previous owner had done a "quick fix" on a problem rather than taking the time to fix it WELL. We were perpetually finding things like this in our old house-- and it is SO FRUSTRATING!!! For one thing, now I am kind of at a loss as to how to go about REALLY fixing the original problem! Not only that, but "quick fix" jobs usually look so much DIRTIER! =P And I'm REALLYREALLYREALLY trying to to CLEAN my house!

As usual, God is our perfect example. There are probably many instances that I could mention, but the one that I thought of was creation. God did it in a particular order and for good reason! It would have been TERRIBLE if God had made all the land animals before there was land for them to live on... or before there was food for them to eat. And when he finished, this was his verdict: And God saw everything that he had made, and behold, it was very good. And there was evening and there was morning, the sixth day.
Genesis 1:31



In addition, we have this instruction: Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men,
Colossians 3:23


Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with your might, for there is no work or thought or knowledge or wisdom in Sheol, to which you are going.
Ecclesiastes 9:10


 So whatever you do, do it WELL! (Okay, I'm done.)


No comments:

Post a Comment