Monday, May 20, 2013

"My Dirt"

The fact that I have moved is "old news". The fact that I am in a cleaning frenzy is also "old news". So I will not bore you with needless repetition. Yesterday I was talking to a dear sister who has moved many more times than me. We were discussing the "initial clean" when you buy a previously lived-in house. We laughed about how we didn't really want to walk barefoot on the carpets until we'd shampooed them. And then she mentioned that it took a few months for the dirt (or dirtiness) in the house to FEEL like "her dirt". She said, "I know that doesn't really make sense..." But I know EXACTLY what she means!

I was pondering our conversation with the back and forth of the steam cleaner this afternoon, and it hit me! When Shorty and I bought the house, all the dirt in it became "our" dirt. And then I thought about how Christ purchased ME. How my life was like an empty DIRTY house. (I'll talk about the "empty" later...) And then the Spirit began the arduous work of making it a HOME. He took my "dirt" and made it His, so that He could clean it up and receive glory for the work He's done!

And you, who were dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made alive together with him, having forgiven us all our trespasses, by canceling the record of debt that stood against us with its legal demands. This he set aside, nailing it to the cross.
Colossians 2:13-14


"Come now, let us reason together, says the LORD: though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red like crimson, they shall become like wool.
Isaiah 1:18

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come. All this is from God, who through Christ reconciled us to himself and gave us the ministry of reconciliation; that is, in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and entrusting to us the message of reconciliation. Therefore, we are ambassadors for Christ, God making his appeal through us. We implore you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God. For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.
2 Corinthians 5:17-21

No comments:

Post a Comment