Friday, May 31, 2013

Bare Walls

It was VERY WEIRD for me when I took the pictures off our walls before we moved. And contrary to my Mommy's advice, I didn't take them off the walls in one house and immediately hang them in the new one. In fact, it's taken me nearly four weeks to get around to hanging pictures... and the rest of the curtains. ;) Anyway, the thing that was so weird was that when the pictures came down at the old house, it no longer felt like home. And the new house DEFINITELY didn't feel like home... I basically felt homeless for a few days. However, the more that our stuff has found a "home" at our new house, the more "settled" we get, (and with the help of a few candles!!! ;)) the more this space has started to feel like HOME. As I've been scrubbing and unpacking and what-not, I've also been pondering how my life is kind of like an empty house. Bare walls, no curtains, nothing beautiful or welcoming. But the Spirit took up residence in my life many years ago, and He's been in the process ever since of incorporating His beauty into the "bare walls" of my life.

By wisdom a house is built, and by understanding it is established; by knowledge the rooms are filled with all precious and pleasant riches.
Proverbs 24:3-4
 

But thanks be to God, who in Christ always leads us in triumphal procession, and through us spreads the fragrance of the knowledge of him everywhere. For we are the aroma of Christ to God among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing, to one a fragrance from death to death, to the other a fragrance from life to life. Who is sufficient for these things?
2 Corinthians 2:14-16
 

For God, who said, "Let light shine out of darkness," has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. But we have this treasure in jars of clay, to show that the surpassing power belongs to God and not to us.
2 Corinthians 4:6-7
 

For I want you to know how great a struggle I have for you and for those at Laodicea and for all who have not seen me face to face, that their hearts may be encouraged, being knit together in love, to reach all the riches of full assurance of understanding and the knowledge of God's mystery, which is Christ, in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.
Colossians 2:1-3

No comments:

Post a Comment