Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Limited

Cleaning is HARD WORK!!! And I discovered yesterday that almost EVERY scrubbing job requires a functioning shoulder... I've mentioned that our new house is bigger with more carpet. But I didn't realize what a big difference this would be in terms of cleaning. However, after four days of shampooing carpets, my right shoulder was very tender--ESPECIALLY when I started in on another room. I didn't do any scrubbing Saturday, and Sunday I used my left arm to shampoo. I thought that two days of rest would be enough to recuperate, but when I started scrubbing yesterday BOTH my shoulders were tender... =( And so I am under strict orders NOT to do any heavy cleaning today. And I was thinking about how VERY limited I am. Even though I am relatively young and in relatively good shape, that repeated motion and strain on one part of my body brought me to the limit of my ability. And anytime I am faced with my own limitations, I am reminded that my God is LIMITLESS!!! And that's good news! =)

Blessed be the LORD, the God of Israel, from everlasting to everlasting! Amen and Amen.
Psalms 41:13
 

Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever you had formed the earth and the world, from everlasting to everlasting you are God.
Psalms 90:2
 

The LORD reigns; he is robed in majesty; the LORD is robed; he has put on strength as his belt. Yes, the world is established; it shall never be moved. Your throne is established from of old; you are from everlasting. The floods have lifted up, O LORD, the floods have lifted up their voice; the floods lift up their roaring. Mightier than the thunders of many waters, mightier than the waves of the sea, the LORD on high is mighty! Your decrees are very trustworthy; holiness befits your house, O LORD, forevermore.
Psalms 93:1-5
 

You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you. Trust in the LORD forever, for the LORD GOD is an everlasting rock.
Isaiah 26:3-4

No comments:

Post a Comment