Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Be Still

My Crew slept a little late this morning. We've got big plans for going and doing this summer, and they've been waking up early in expectation of fun! But this morning, they were still sleeping, and I was in my quiet kitchen pondering and praying. And it hit me that my life is FULL of noise! Often, before I even finish my devotions, I'm having to referee an argument, or instruct an idolatrous heart. And then the demands of the day crowd in, and before I get turned around the day is over. I know it is hard to be still. To focus on knowing the Lord better, rather than all the pressing demands. But we NEED to do that! We were created to worship the Lord and serve Him! And that requires a little stillness. Not that my hands cannot be busy, but my mind needs to be intentionally FOCUSED on the Lord.

"Be still, and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!"
Psalms 46:10
 

Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him; fret not yourself over the one who prospers in his way, over the man who carries out evil devices! Refrain from anger, and forsake wrath! Fret not yourself; it tends only to evil.
Psalms 37:7-8

If then you have been raised with Christ, seek the things that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth. For you have died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God.
Colossians 3:1-3


No comments:

Post a Comment