Monday, June 30, 2014

Language of Delight

I often tell my Crew that there are many things in life that must be done whether we like them or not. Cleaning their rooms, helping do the dishes, schoolwork... Even things we truly enjoy can become drudgery due to repetition. I love to cook, but sometimes I just get tired of having to put food in front of my family three or four times a day!

So duty CAN be either drudgery or delight. I think one of the major factors in how we view our duties is about the language we use when we think and talk about them. For example, "It is such a privilege to have the funds and variety to feed my family healthy, delicious food. I am so thankful that God has provided for us." So next time you think of one of your not-so-favorite duties, try to think in language of delight and thankfulness.

For although they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened.
Romans 1:21
 

Oh give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; for his steadfast love endures forever!
1 Chronicles 16:34
 

Sing praises to the LORD, O you his saints, and give thanks to his holy name.
Psalms 30:4
 

A Psalm. A Song for the Sabbath. It is good to give thanks to the LORD, to sing praises to your name, O Most High; to declare your steadfast love in the morning, and your faithfulness by night, to the music of the lute and the harp, to the melody of the lyre. For you, O LORD, have made me glad by your work; at the works of your hands I sing for joy.
Psalms 92:1-4

No comments:

Post a Comment