Friday, June 6, 2014

Industrious

in-dus-tri-ous: working energetically and devotedly; hard-working; diligent: 

I love reading! I was really stretched this past school year as I read about three different periods in history and some of their star characters. One of these is Teddy Roosevelt. I purchased a biography about him to wrap up the literature portion of school for my oldest. Prior to beginning this book, I knew very little about Teddy. Basically, I knew he was a president, stuffed "teddy" bears were named after him, and his face is one of the four on Mount Rushmore. I have learned through this book what a spectacular man he was. He worked hard with both his body and mind, and was well-respected by many who knew him. If you're interested in learning more, the book is titled Carry a Big Stick: The Uncommon Heroism of Theodore Roosevelt.

As I was reading, I was inspired by Teddy's life of stewardship. He worked his entire life to be a good steward of the body, mind, time, finances-- EVERYTHING-- that God gave him. And that has encouraged me to consider my life more carefully, and to work to be a good steward of the resources that God has entrusted to me.

The soul of the sluggard craves and gets nothing, while the soul of the diligent is richly supplied.
Proverbs 13:4
 

Do not be slothful in zeal, be fervent in spirit, serve the Lord.
Romans 12:11

No comments:

Post a Comment