Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Christmas in July-- Day 1

Summer is really heating up here in Texas. And we have Blue Bell and swimming pools to help us tolerate the heat, but this is about the time when I start wishing for the north winds to blow down south. =) So I love the idea of "Christmas in July", because it brings to mind all the frosties and warm fuzzies that I so enjoy in the winter months!

I was reading through one of my journals recently and came across the devotions that I put together for my Christmas play kids last year. I was so encouraged thinking about Christ, that I thought I'd share. It will work like this: I'll post a passage and questions one day, and the next I'll post the answers (along with the big thoughts that strike me from the passage). =)

I mean that the heir, as long as he is a child, is no different from a slave, though he is the owner of everything, but he is under guardians and managers until the date set by his father. In the same way we also, when we were children, were enslaved to the elementary principles of the world. But when the fullness of time had come, God sent forth his Son, born of woman, born under the law, to redeem those who were under the law, so that we might receive adoption as sons. And because you are sons, God has sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, crying, "Abba! Father!"
Galatians 4:1-6


Questions:
1. What do we learn about the heir in the first sentence?
2. What word is used to describe us in the next sentence?
3. Who came in the third sentence?
4. Why did he come?
5. What do we receive?

No comments:

Post a Comment