Saturday, July 5, 2014

Sweeter than Honey

During storytime at our local library this week, the kids learned about ice cream. Our librarian made ice cream for the kids to eat during the story. Since my Crew is getting bigger, I no longer sit in the room with them. I sit out in the main library area and work on paperwork of various sorts. When storytime was over, my oldest brought me a cup of the ice cream and asked if I wanted some. I told her no thank you. She replied, "You mean you DO want some, but you don't."

I love sweet foods! The sweeter the better! But I've been working now for several weeks to reduce how much sweet stuff I consume. I explained that God's Word is supposed to be sweeter than honey to me, but that when I give my taste buds too much sweetness, it dulls the sweetness of the Word to me. And even yesterday, as I faced the July 4th feast with my family, I prayed that I would be able to enjoy the dessert as a gift, IN FAITH. I want the Word to be my greatest desire, sweeter than honey to my soul!

The law of the LORD is perfect, reviving the soul; 
the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple; 
the precepts of the LORD are right, rejoicing the heart; 
the commandment of the LORD is pure, enlightening the eyes; 
the fear of the LORD is clean, enduring forever; 
the rules of the LORD are true, and righteous altogether. 
More to be desired are they than gold, even much fine gold; 
sweeter also than honey and drippings of the honeycomb.
Psalms 19:7-10

No comments:

Post a Comment