Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Happy Birthday!!!

My blog is one year old!!! =) I actually realized this yesterday as I was reading some of my oldest posts. And I was marveling at how the length of my posts has grown. (I apologize to those of you who preferred the brevity of the early posts... my words seem to have acquired a life of their own. ;)) And then I began thinking about how much change and growth happened in the first year of my Crew's lives. They went from not being able to even roll over and only drinking milk, to feeding themselves and walking (some of them) and talking (again, some of them! ;)). My blog seems to have done something like that. In the beginning it was barely a paragraph and one to two scriptures... Now some of them are more like dissertations! ;)

But seriously, I had a conversation with my oldest daughter several months ago about what blogs were about. I told her that it depends on the author. Some are how to's, some are crafting related, some are about books, or music, or parenting... and she said, "And yours is about the gospel." Well, I hope so. My prayer is that not only will God use it to remind me of the lessons He's thrown my way, but also that He will use it to strengthen His church and draw unbelievers to Himself. =)

Like newborn infants, long for the pure spiritual milk, that by it you may grow up into salvation-- if indeed you have tasted that the Lord is good.
1 Peter 2:2-3
 

Rather, speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in every way into him who is the head, into Christ, from whom the whole body, joined and held together by every joint with which it is equipped, when each part is working properly, makes the body grow so that it builds itself up in love.
Ephesians 4:15-16
 

For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek. For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith for faith, as it is written, "The righteous shall live by faith."
Romans 1:16-17
 

Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded.
James 4:8

No comments:

Post a Comment