Thursday, July 25, 2013

Murphy's Law

You have probably heard the phrase, "If anything can go wrong, it will." It felt like that kind of morning here. I had planned to go visit my sis-in-law for an hour or two this morning. But I stayed on Facebook too long reading articles and blogs... Then when I got up to start breakfast, I remembered that I had too much mess on the counter from last night... And the dish rag was wadded up and stinky in the bottom of the sink... So I stuck it in the microwave to kill the stink-making bacteria-- but the microwave started sparking! At that point I had to rearrange my small appliances to make room for the extra microwave... and we still hadn't eaten breakfast! So an hour and a half later we were FINALLY eating... but my sis-in-law was starting lunch (which is immediately followed by nap time). The good news for me is that it is summer, and my routine is pretty flexible. The better news is that God never does something "too long", or leaves a mess in the way of accomplishing His purposes. In fact, NOTHING can alter God's purposes or get in His way! =)

The LORD will fulfill his purpose for me; your steadfast love, O LORD, endures forever. Do not forsake the work of your hands.
Psalms 138:8
 

Many are the plans in the mind of a man, but it is the purpose of the LORD that will stand.
Proverbs 19:21
 

Who has measured the Spirit of the LORD, or what man shows him his counsel?
Isaiah 40:13
 

In him we have obtained an inheritance, having been predestined according to the purpose of him who works all things according to the counsel of his will, so that we who were the first to hope in Christ might be to the praise of his glory.
Ephesians 1:11-12

No comments:

Post a Comment