Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Trust Me

My Crew love to go swimming! This year we've begun to pack a lunch and stay for a couple hours. I've got one fish, two aspiring mermaids, and one little miss who is content to play on the fringes. Except, that Little Miss Timid no longer has a playmate when she stays on the fringes. So today she decided that she wanted to slide down the big slide. But when she got to the top, she remembered how high it is... and I spent the next fifteen minutes trying to coax her to slide down. I walked her through all the normal steps of how I love her, and I will catch her, and she can trust me, and have I ever let her hurt herself at the pool before... But in that moment, the six or eight feet separating us made her fear loom larger than my love and care for her. And as I was trying to shepherd her heart, it felt like the Lord was whispering in my own ear, "Trust me." When I have sick kid, or our funds are a little tight, I am so quick to forget that He has always provided for us and WILL ALWAYS provide. In those moments of stress, my fear looms larger than my Father's love for me. But even when I doubt, He's still there.

"Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also. And you know the way to where I am going." Thomas said to him, "Lord, we do not know where you are going. How can we know the way?" Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
John 14:1-6
 

"These things I have spoken to you while I am still with you. But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you. Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.
John 14:25-27
 

The LORD is a stronghold for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble. And those who know your name put their trust in you, for you, O LORD, have not forsaken those who seek you.
Psalms 9:9-10
 

Our soul waits for the LORD; he is our help and our shield. For our heart is glad in him, because we trust in his holy name. Let your steadfast love, O LORD, be upon us, even as we hope in you.
Psalms 33:20-22

No comments:

Post a Comment