Friday, October 25, 2013

Countdown

It is the time of year when everyone begins to count down toward (or maybe gear up for...) Christmas. I know that many of the children in my life are making Christmas requests. Now, you may not be thinking Christmas just yet, but I've been involved in directing our church Christmas play for many of the last 10 years. So many, in fact, that I'm kind of known as the Christmas play lady! =)
And because I am directing the play, my thoughts are partially set on Advent. I love Christmas! I love the Christmas story, the Christmas carols, the various traditions that have been and are still being built into my life! Most of all, I love the Savior, whose birth we are celebrating! Especially during this season I have an opportunity to chew on who Christ IS!!!

Have you ever tried wrapping your brain around the fact that He is FULLY God and FULLY man in one person? I can't do it! Or what about Christ's sinlessness? Or WHY He would leave the comfort and glory and fellowship of heaven, to walk this fallen earth like me-- only so that He could spend the next couple of thousand years (or more...) dealing with the rebellious, unthankful people He died to save? Because He is love. And because He is glorified in the sanctification of sinners. So I encourage you to think great thoughts of Christ this season!

He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation. For by him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities--all things were created through him and for him. And he is before all things, and in him all things hold together. And he is the head of the body, the church. He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in everything he might be preeminent. For in him all the fullness of God was pleased to dwell, and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether on earth or in heaven, making peace by the blood of his cross.
Colossians 1:15-20

No comments:

Post a Comment