Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Rip It Out

Guess what I found under the carpet in my hallway and bedrooms??? FINISHED HARDWOOD FLOORS!!! So, guess what I did on Friday afternoon? I ripped out the carpet in the hallway. =)
I've started cleaning the walls (finally), but I just thought that if the majority of the odor is in the carpet, it did little good to spend a lot of time and energy on the walls. While I ripped up carpet, I was chewing on these verses:

If your right eye causes you to sin, tear it out and throw it away. For it is better that you lose one of your members than that your whole body be thrown into hell. And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. For it is better that you lose one of your members than that your whole body go into hell.
Matthew 5:29-30


At first I didn't want to rip out the carpet, because I didn't want the echo down the hallway. Even though it was stinky (and sometimes sticky), I was kind of attached to it. But with a little nudge from my Crew and my Shorty, I became convinced that hardwood with an echo was better than stinky, sticky carpet. And I thought about how sin sometimes looks appealing, more appealing than righteousness. And how I am reluctant to endure the pain of ripping it out. But with a little nudge (or sometimes a really big shove) I can be compelled to battle my sin-- and even try to rip it out! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment