Friday, April 18, 2014

What's your flavor?

When I was growing up, I knew that my Daddy's favorite flavor of ice cream was vanilla. In fact, if there wasn't vanilla, he didn't want any. Shorty and my Crew REALLY LOVE ice cream. But they all prefer a different flavor. And there are certain flavors that each of them doesn't like at all.

Recently, my Crew and I were having a conversation about sin. One of my son's friends had told him that he knew a gay couple. What followed was me trying to explain that different people struggle with different "flavors" of sin. And all sin deserves the wrath of the One True Holy God.

Today is Good Friday. As I was doing my devotions this morning, I was amazed anew that Jesus willingly made an infinite sacrifice, so that I could be forgiven for pursuing my sin flavors.

In this the love of God was made manifest among us, that God sent his only Son into the world, so that we might live through him. In this is love, not that we have loved God but that he loved us and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.
1 John 4:9-10
 

Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. Through him we have also obtained access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and we rejoice in hope of the glory of God.
Romans 5:1-2

No comments:

Post a Comment