Sunday, March 10, 2013

Broken Record

When I was little, my parents had an old record player and a small collection of vinyl records. Most of them were in excellent condition, but we did come across a record occasionally that would no longer play properly. On those records you would hear the same phrase again and again and again. It really is very similar to the way a CD behaves when it gets scratched.

As I was thinking about what to write today, I thought of a song. But since it is one of my favorites, I checked to see if I had shared it before. I didn't want to be a "broken record". However, I was reminded of some of the great men of the faith, and even apostles, who preached the same message again... and again... and again... and again... And I decided that I would be in good company! =)

Now I would remind you, brothers, of the gospel I preached to you, which you received, in which you stand, and by which you are being saved, if you hold fast to the word I preached to you--unless you believed in vain. For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures, and that he appeared to Cephas, then to the twelve.
1 Corinthians 15:1-5
 

His divine power has granted to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of him who called us to his own glory and excellence, by which he has granted to us his precious and very great promises, so that through them you may become partakers of the divine nature, having escaped from the corruption that is in the world because of sinful desire. For this very reason, make every effort to supplement your faith with virtue, and virtue with knowledge, and knowledge with self-control, and self-control with steadfastness, and steadfastness with godliness, and godliness with brotherly affection, and brotherly affection with love. For if these qualities are yours and are increasing, they keep you from being ineffective or unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. For whoever lacks these qualities is so nearsighted that he is blind, having forgotten that he was cleansed from his former sins. Therefore, brothers, be all the more diligent to make your calling and election sure, for if you practice these qualities you will never fall. For in this way there will be richly provided for you an entrance into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Therefore I intend always to remind you of these qualities, though you know them and are established in the truth that you have.
2 Peter 1:3-12


"Before the Throne of God Above" by Shane and Shane

No comments:

Post a Comment