Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Primary

One of the most important spiritual disciplines that a Christian should cultivate is reading and studying the Bible. God has given us His very words in the pages of Scripture!

All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be competent, equipped for every good work.
2 Timothy 3:16-17


And yet, even with the knowledge that the Creator and King of the universe has taken time to communicate with me as one of His people, I am likely to neglect the primary means of that communication! I fail so often, and my love for my Savior wanes so quickly. I am too quick to seek other "comforts" (which may not be comforts at all!) when my days get stressful, when what I really NEED is to be refreshed in His presence! But God is patient and faithful to always draw me back to Himself. =)

When the cares of my heart are many, your consolations cheer my soul.
Psalms 94:19
 

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.
2 Corinthians 1:3-4
 

Since then we have a great high priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus, the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession. For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but one who in every respect has been tempted as we are, yet without sin. Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.
Hebrews 4:14-16
 

You make known to me the path of life; in your presence there is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore.
Psalms 16:11
 

How precious is your steadfast love, O God! The children of mankind take refuge in the shadow of your wings. They feast on the abundance of your house, and you give them drink from the river of your delights. For with you is the fountain of life; in your light do we see light.
Psalms 36:7-9
 

When iniquities prevail against me, you atone for our transgressions. Blessed is the one you choose and bring near, to dwell in your courts! We shall be satisfied with the goodness of your house, the holiness of your temple!
Psalms 65:3-4

No comments:

Post a Comment