Monday, March 18, 2013

Raw Materials

I like making things. Things to eat especially, but also things from textiles. In fact, I could spend many hours and far too much money in the fabric/craft departments. =) Because of my love of making things, I have piles and boxes of "raw materials". Yards and yards of fabric that I have yet to cut out and sew up, skeins of yarn waiting to be made into something...

I started thinking about how raw materials just take up space. If I use the fabric to make a dress or shirt or whatever, it is useful. The same with the yarn. Sitting around, its use really is just hypothetical, but in the hands of a skilled crafter it can become something SPECTACULAR! Then I thought about how God is a skilled craftsman who takes the "raw materials" of my life and is in the process of making something for his glory. After all, when you see a gorgeous dress, or an awesome scarf, or the perfect ring, you don't talk about the materials, you praise the designer! =)

Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. And we all, with unveiled face, beholding the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from one degree of glory to another. For this comes from the Lord who is the Spirit.
2 Corinthians 3:17-18

No comments:

Post a Comment