Sunday, December 1, 2013

Be Still

I love Thanksgiving and the intervening weeks until Christmas! But ESPECIALLY during the holidays, I have a hard time stopping (or not starting) long enough to get my devotions in. And most of the time, it's not about something to "cross off my list". It's LIFE! Time spent reading and meditating on God's Word is NEVER wasted. This past week we spent a lot of sweet time as a family playing games, watching movies, and reading books-- and in the lazy fun, I skipped a lot of devotion time. But while we were at my parents' house on Friday I saw this verse:

"Be still, and know that I am God.
Psalms 46:10a

It was a quiet reminder that in the busyness of life, I need to be still. I need to be intentional about remembering that God is God. And then this morning I read the rest of the verse.

"Be still, and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!"
Psalms 46:10


God deserves all the glory, all the praise, and all our lives. We were created to praise and enjoy and love Him, and one day... someday... we will praise and love Him as he deserves. And we will enjoy Him to our delight and His.

No comments:

Post a Comment