Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Meditate

meditate: 1) to engage in thought or contemplation; reflect

We live in a fast-paced world. We have microwaves to heat our food, drive-thru's for almost everything, and express shipping (among other things). It's a "now" culture. And with all the things out there vying for our attention, it is hard to be still and quiet long enough to ponder much of anything. But pondering, or meditating, is a worthwhile exercise-- especially with regards to Scripture.

I will remember the deeds of the LORD; yes, I will remember your wonders of old. I will ponder all your work, and meditate on your mighty deeds.
Psalms 77:11-12
 

In the way of your testimonies I delight as much as in all riches. I will meditate on your precepts and fix my eyes on your ways. I will delight in your statutes; I will not forget your word.
Psalms 119:14-16


The Psalmists understood that Scripture is LIFE! Knowing the God who made us is the most worthwhile of pursuits! And it is pleasant! So rather than skimming over the top of a passage, make an effort to meditate on it, soak in it, simmer it-- or whatever analogy you like! But fill your soul with the goodness of the Word. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment