Monday, February 4, 2013

Change of Plans

I like lists and planning-- except when it keeps me from spending time with people! ;)
And I LOVE having a general plan for my days-- pancakes for breakfast on Thursdays, changing the bed sheets on Fridays, school at a certain time on certain days, supper around 6:00, etc. I do get a bit irritable when my plans get changed. ESPECIALLY with regards to school. I know my children need a certain foundation of knowledge to function well in higher education as well as out in real life. But I'm not the most organized or diligent person. =(
Add to that the adage, "Life is what happens when you're making other plans.", and you can imagine that we regularly experience slices of chaos.

This month my Crew has had the flu. We have had several doctor visits. And there have been numerous business and ministry "interruptions" in my days. And as I was looking at yet ANOTHER change to my plans, my thoughts turned God-ward. I have little control over even my small sphere of influence. My children disobey, illnesses come, Shorty has needs arise... and my plans change. But God NEVER has to change His plans, because He does have total control over all circumstances! That is not to say we're all puppets or to engender some fatalistic point of view. But I take great comfort and delight in knowing that God is able to keep His promises because NOTHING can change His plans! =)

Let all the earth fear the LORD; let all the inhabitants of the world stand in awe of him! For he spoke, and it came to be; he commanded, and it stood firm. The LORD brings the counsel of the nations to nothing; he frustrates the plans of the peoples. The counsel of the LORD stands forever, the plans of his heart to all generations.
Psalms 33:8-11
 

Many are the plans in the mind of a man, but it is the purpose of the LORD that will stand.
Proverbs 19:21
 

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you. You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart.
Jeremiah 29:11-13
 

Not one word of all the good promises that the LORD had made to the house of Israel had failed; all came to pass.
Joshua 21:45
 

May grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord. His divine power has granted to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of him who called us to his own glory and excellence, by which he has granted to us his precious and very great promises, so that through them you may become partakers of the divine nature, having escaped from the corruption that is in the world because of sinful desire.
2 Peter 1:2-4
 

Since we have these promises, beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from every defilement of body and spirit, bringing holiness to completion in the fear of God.
2 Corinthians 7:1

No comments:

Post a Comment