Thursday, February 21, 2013

Getting Old

Tomorrow will be an exciting day around the Fincher house (read that "chaotic day"). We are having Chaya's birthday party. In true me style, I'm trying to make my little person happy... which means I'm trying to prepare a couple Valentine's day activities. Actually, I thought her idea of making Valentines at her party was grand since the original plan was to have it before February 14. =) But life happened, and other commitments got in the way...

Anyway, in keeping with my last minute attempts to prepare for the fun in my life, I was sitting in the floor a couple hours ago cutting out heart shapes with my x-acto knife. I was sitting Indian style on the floor for about an hour and a half all together. The sad thing was that when I tried to stand up, all my joints protested! So I moaned, "Oh! I'm old! I'm old! I'm old!" And my Crew laughed at me. But that got me started thinking about a passage in Psalms that I've been studying.

The righteous flourish like the palm tree and grow like a cedar in Lebanon. They are planted in the house of the LORD; they flourish in the courts of our God. They still bear fruit in old age; they are ever full of sap and green, to declare that the LORD is upright; he is my rock, and there is no unrighteousness in him.
Psalms 92:12-15


Now I know that I'm not REALLY old yet. But there are days and times when I feel my mounting years. I love that this passage says that even when God's people are old, they will still bear fruit for Him. And then I thought of another verse.

So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day.
2 Corinthians 4:16

No comments:

Post a Comment