Saturday, February 9, 2013

Heavy

Do you ever have a moment when something that has been rolling off your tongue hits you like a ton of bricks? I've been praying for a couple of months that God would "help me to be faithful in the responsibilities [He's] entrusted to me." As I prayed that this morning, it hit me that that is a totally LOADED prayer!!!

Definition time. Three words: faithful, responsibilities, entrusted.

faithful: 3. constant in the performance of duties or services; exact in attending to commands; as a faithful servant.

responsibilities: 1. The state of being accountable or answerable, as for a trust or office, or for a debt.

entrusted: 1. to charge or invest with a trust or responsibility; charge with a specified office or duty involving trust: We entrusted him with our lives.

I am well aware of the fact that I often fail to be faithful. And I know that when God puts something under my care, I must answer to Him for how I care for those things. So I'm asking for His help because I know I'm weak, but that is a BIG thing that I'm asking of Him. But praise be to God that He is ABLE to do BIG things!

Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen.
Ephesians 3:20-21
 

In hope he [Abraham] believed against hope, that he should become the father of many nations, as he had been told, "So shall your offspring be." He did not weaken in faith when he considered his own body, which was as good as dead (since he was about a hundred years old), or when he considered the barrenness of Sarah's womb. No distrust made him waver concerning the promise of God, but he grew strong in his faith as he gave glory to God, fully convinced that God was able to do what he had promised. 
Romans 4:18-21


For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
2 Corinthians 12:10

No comments:

Post a Comment