Friday, August 16, 2013

Delight

Delight: 1. A high degree of pleasure, or satisfaction of mind; joy.

I married my Shorty a little over twelve years ago. Until our wedding I had never been kissed, and I was waiting with eager anticipation for that first kiss! It was spectacular-- well worth the wait! When I describe it for my girls, I tell them it was like fireworks in my mouth. =D
As I thought about this post, and pondered the definition of delight, I realized that much of the time I've had with Shorty has been a delight! In fact, I would heartily concur with those who say that marriage is the greatest earthly relationship there is. But there is a greater delight. We were created for fellowship with our Creator. And the Psalmist expresses this throughout Psalm 119.

In the way of your testimonies I delight as much as in all riches.
Psalms 119:14
I will delight in your statutes; I will not forget your word.
Psalms 119:16
Your testimonies are my delight; they are my counselors.
Psalms 119:24
Lead me in the path of your commandments, for I delight in it.
Psalms 119:35
Let your mercy come to me, that I may live; for your law is my delight.
Psalms 119:77
If your law had not been my delight, I would have perished in my affliction.
Psalms 119:92
Oh how I love your law! It is my meditation all the day.
Psalms 119:97
How sweet are your words to my taste, sweeter than honey to my mouth!
Psalms 119:103
Your testimonies are my heritage forever, for they are the joy of my heart.
Psalms 119:111
My eyes long for your salvation and for the fulfillment of your righteous promise.
Psalms 119:123


You get the picture... So go get some delight in His word for yourself! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment