Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Soak, Rinse, Repeat...

I cleaned the bathrooms today. (This is quite a feat both because I cleaned BOTH, and because I very RARELY cleaned my one bathroom in the old house.) My new house is something of a fixer-upper. There was nothing pressing that HAD to be done before we could move in, but there are lots of little things (and medium-sized things... and even some BIG things! ;)) that we have on a mental list of "to do's". =) One of those is related to our shower head. We have GREAT water pressure in all other points of the house, but the shower in our bathroom trickles rather than flows. VERY FRUSTRATING! And so Shorty and I have been discussing whether we wanted to go ahead and replace it (since that's on the list) or just try to clean it...

I decided when I went to the store last week to buy a bottle of CLR, because it was less than twenty percent of the cost of a new shower head. =) And so I began the process of trying to get my shower head clean... It goes like this:
1) Hold a jar with CLR up so that the shower head is submerged-- for five minutes (only five because my arms get tired.).
2) Remove the jar and turn on the shower. Allow to flush for several minutes.
3) Give the object time to rest.
4) Repeat.
Soak, rinse, repeat...

And as I was soaking, I thought about sanctification. Unlike the shower head, I was not pristine to begin with. I was born-- even conceived-- with "caked-on" sin (so to speak). It is ingrained into me. But God is busy making me more like my Savior. And where there will come a time when my shower head wears out and I will have to replace it, God is able to take what is corrupted, and make it perfect! =)

I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.
Romans 12:1-2
 

And we all, with unveiled face, beholding the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from one degree of glory to another. For this comes from the Lord who is the Spirit.
2 Corinthians 3:18

 
Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God.
Hebrews 12:1-2

No comments:

Post a Comment