Friday, August 2, 2013

Hungry

Our bodies need food. When babies get hungry, they cry. When children get hungry, they whine. When adults get hungry, we tend to get angry. And if you watch a baby, even after he's been eating for a while, if you take his food away before he feels full, he will fuss. We all want to eat until we are satisfied.

I've not been having my devotions this week. I think there were three or four days that I just skipped them altogether. Which left my soul HUNGRY! I mean, my body would be hungry if I didn't eat for three or four DAYS! So yesterday I did make a point to sit down and have my devotions. But I was feeling listless and the portion of Scripture that I read didn't really resonate... basically I left still hungry. And it showed ALL DAY LONG. I yelled at the kids repeatedly when we should have been having fun together-- and when I should have been faithfully training them... =(
The good news is twofold. One, Christ obeyed PERFECTLY in my place, and the Father sees Christ's righteousness when He looks at me. (That's the best part!) But second, my Crew got to see me fail-- and then repent. Not perfectly--again. *sigh* But there were times when I yelled and then apologized to the child who had been the recipient of my unrighteous anger.

Know this, my beloved brothers: let every person be quick to hear, slow to speak, slow to anger; for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God. Therefore put away all filthiness and rampant wickedness and receive with meekness the implanted word, which is able to save your souls.
James 1:19-21
 

For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.
2 Corinthians 5:21
 

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
1 John 1:9
 

I acknowledged my sin to you, and I did not cover my iniquity; I said, "I will confess my transgressions to the LORD," and you forgave the iniquity of my sin. Selah
Psalms 32:5
 

Wash me thoroughly from my iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin! For I know my transgressions, and my sin is ever before me.
Psalms 51:2-3
 

but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
Romans 5:8

No comments:

Post a Comment