Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Lead by Example

Our life has been pretty busy for the last month or so. We had two birthday parties, a couple of baby showers, and so much other summer fun-- which meant LOTS of people, and food, and running... and messes! =) But I love it! However, in the craziness that is party prep and clean-up, the piano has been inaccessible. This week the piano has been unearthed, and I've been sitting down to play (read that "practice"). My playing is definitely Rusty. But I noticed a very funny thing today. If I don't sit down to play, my Crew are not likely to either. On the days that I DO practice, though, at least one of them will practice as well! And I was reminded of the fact that Jesus leads us by His example. He showed us how to do what he calls us to do. And we are to be inspired by His perfection!!! =)

The saying is trustworthy and deserving of full acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am the foremost. But I received mercy for this reason, that in me, as the foremost, Jesus Christ might display his perfect patience as an example to those who were to believe in him for eternal life.
1 Timothy 1:15-16


For to this you have been called, because Christ also suffered for you, leaving you an example, so that you might follow in his steps. He committed no sin, neither was deceit found in his mouth. When he was reviled, he did not revile in return; when he suffered, he did not threaten, but continued entrusting himself to him who judges justly. He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, that we might die to sin and live to righteousness. By his wounds you have been healed.
1 Peter 2:21-24

No comments:

Post a Comment