Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Expect Sporadic

My posts usually take one of two tracks, either they tend to highlight ways in which life is a parable of a spiritual principle, OR they show the contrast between us and our Creator. Well, I am again faced with a contrast. As my Crew have gotten older, the amount of time that their schooling requires (both teaching and preparing), has grown. When I just had my oldest in kindergarten, we only needed an hour and a half to two hours to do her lessons. This should have been the same with my first two (since they were just in K and 1st). Except I wasn't sufficiently prepared. =/ By the time I had three, I had realized that I needed to really sit down and schedule so that each child would receive the instruction that they required. And I was faced with my own limits. So the pattern holds true. This year, as I scheduled my students, our day is the longest it's ever been. And with the other demands on my time-- something's gotta' give! It is a matter of a limited resource (TIME), and priorities. And as I looked at the commitments in my life, and how important they are to me, I realized that my blog has to give. So, if something comes to me (and I can articulate it quickly), I'll post. Otherwise... expect sporadic.

Now how does this show a contrast between me and my Creator??? Quite simply, I am limited-- and He is not! =)

Praise the LORD! Praise, O servants of the LORD, praise the name of the LORD! Blessed be the name of the LORD from this time forth and forevermore! From the rising of the sun to its setting, the name of the LORD is to be praised! The LORD is high above all nations, and his glory above the heavens! Who is like the LORD our God, who is seated on high, who looks far down on the heavens and the earth?
Psalms 113:1-6
 

Thus says the LORD, your Redeemer, who formed you from the womb: "I am the LORD, who made all things, who alone stretched out the heavens, who spread out the earth by myself, who frustrates the signs of liars and makes fools of diviners, who turns wise men back and makes their knowledge foolish,
Isaiah 44:24-25

No comments:

Post a Comment