Thursday, August 15, 2013

That's A LOT of Sin

As I was talking to my oldest daughter recently, we came to the topic of sin. I told her that Christ paid for all her sin on the cross, and she replied, "That's A LOT of sin." I agreed with her, but I wanted to blow her mind a little bit-- so I told her to think about all her sin, and then multiply that by three. Because I've been alive almost three times as long as her. Then asked her to think about my grandma, who has been alive more than twice as long as me. We continued on to all our church family... then to all the believers that are currently alive... to all believers since Christ... to all the Old Testament believers.....
And Christ paid for ALL OF IT!!! I did blow her mind-- and mine too! How great is this Triune God! It pleased the Father to crush the Son on account of the sins of His people, and to send the Spirit to apply that sacrifice to them!

See what kind of love the Father has given to us, that we should be called children of God; and so we are. The reason why the world does not know us is that it did not know him.
1 John 3:1
 

For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.
2 Corinthians 5:21
 

A Maskil of David. Blessed is the one whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered. Blessed is the man against whom the LORD counts no iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no deceit. For when I kept silent, my bones wasted away through my groaning all day long. For day and night your hand was heavy upon me; my strength was dried up as by the heat of summer. Selah I acknowledged my sin to you, and I did not cover my iniquity; I said, "I will confess my transgressions to the LORD," and you forgave the iniquity of my sin. Selah
Psalms 32:1-5

No comments:

Post a Comment