Thursday, November 15, 2012

Caught

My snowmen are out of hibernation! That is mostly due to the fact that my oldest daughter brought the boxes in out of the shed. =) I was beginning to think that the snowmen were just going to have to wait until we decorate for Christmas...

So I put my snowmen out and put the other stuff away. The kids were SUPER excited-- so much so that we had to make them sit on the couch so they wouldn't break anything! =? And as I was looking around once everything was in its place, I thought, "My Crew has caught my enthusiasm for all things snow/winter." And I was reminded of one of the messages I listened to this summer-- I don't remember which ONE ;) -- in which the pastor said that passion is "caught", not "taught". Our children will tend to believe that what we are passionate about is the "main thing". And his point was that we need to be passionate about the gospel. Good works are, in fact, good-- but they should flow out of our passion for the gospel. So as I looked around at my snowmen, I prayed- and am still praying- that I will have a "catching" passion for the gospel! =) I think that's what God had in mind when He commanded His people to teach their children His law.

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one. You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise. You shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes. You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.
Deuteronomy 6:4-9



Now I would remind you, brothers, of the gospel I preached to you, which you received, in which you stand, and by which you are being saved, if you hold fast to the word I preached to you--unless you believed in vain. For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures, and that he appeared to Cephas, then to the twelve.
1 Corinthians 15:1-5



No comments:

Post a Comment