Friday, November 9, 2012

Majesty

I think the Psalms are awesome! They have always resonated so deeply with me. I can easily find my soul echoing the prayers of the Psalmists as I read. Today was no exception. I've only just finished my devotions for the day, but as I sat down and began to pray I was thinking of the Greatness of my God. My soul was singing of His goodness and care and faithfulness.

O come, let us sing for joy to the LORD, Let us shout joyfully to the rock of our salvation. Let us come before His presence with thanksgiving, Let us shout joyfully to Him with psalms.
Psalms 95:1-2

Come, let us worship and bow down, Let us kneel before the LORD our Maker.
Psalms 95:6

Sing to the LORD a new song; Sing to the LORD, all the earth. Sing to the LORD, bless His name; Proclaim good tidings of His salvation from day to day. Tell of His glory among the nations, His wonderful deeds among all the peoples. For great is the LORD and greatly to be praised; He is to be feared above all gods.
Psalms 96:1-4

Ascribe to the LORD the glory of His name; Bring an offering and come into His courts.
Psalms 96:8

The LORD reigns, let the earth rejoice; Let the many islands be glad.
Psalms 97:1

The heavens declare His righteousness, And all the peoples have seen His glory.
Psalms 97:6


And then as the Psalmist (whoever this particular one was!) continued to think on God's majesty, he compared Him to everything great and vast that we can see.




For the LORD is a great God And a great King above all gods, In whose hand are the depths of the earth, The peaks of the mountains are His also. The sea is His, for it was He who made it, And His hands formed the dry land.
Psalms 95:3-5

Clouds and thick darkness surround Him; Righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne. Fire goes before Him And burns up His adversaries round about. His lightnings lit up the world; The earth saw and trembled. The mountains melted like wax at the presence of the LORD, At the presence of the Lord of the whole earth.
Psalms 97:2-5


His majesty leaves me-- almost-- speechless! ;) So in closing today, I encourage you to go read Psalm 95-97 and praise the Lord with me! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment