Monday, November 5, 2012

Snow!

I love snow! Unfortunately, God has planted me in Central Texas, where snow is a rare commodity. In fact, when we got an unseasonably late snow on Easter weekend several years ago, I joked to Shorty that in Texas we don't get enough snow to make snow"men", only snow"elves". ;) He was not amused! I'm also a stickler for six pointed snowflakes. If it has eight points, it is an imposter!

After reading the previous paragraph it will not surprise you to read that I have a snowman collection. If they make it with snowmen or snowflakes, you can just about guarantee that I've got it, from sun catchers to jewelry to magnets and beyond! And if you know me, you know that it is time for my snowmen to come out of "hibernation". I figure if I can't get the "real" cold stuff, I'll just fill my house with wanna' be's. =)

At any rate, as I was thinking about my snowmen, I was reminded of the fact that snow is mentioned in the Bible. How I can be cleansed as white as snow.

Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean; wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.
Psalms 51:7
 

"Come now, let us reason together, says the LORD: though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red like crimson, they shall become like wool.
Isaiah 1:18

No comments:

Post a Comment