Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Perfect Timing

I'm not very good at being on time. In fact, if it weren't for Shorty, I'd probably be late for EVERYTHING!!! =) I also tend to be not much a finisher... That could have SOMETHING to do with the fact that I am a procrastinator. I make grand plans to prepare for things, but in the end, unless the deadline looms large on the horizon, I feel like I have "plenty of time". ;)

I was up late last night reading. (I made the mistake of drinking caffeinated tea at supper.) I had started Knowing God about a year ago, got halfway through, and then skipped on to other reading material. I was just in awe though as I picked it up last night because the author, J.I. Packer, was referencing Bible passages that I've recently read/studied. It is a beautiful thing when God applies His Word to the hearts of His people! And I was thinking about how much less the chapters I read would have resonated without the time I've already spent in those passages. So I was praising God for His perfect timing as He puts together the mess that is my life, to make me look more like my Savior.

He has made everything beautiful in its time. Also, he has put eternity into man's heart, yet so that he cannot find out what God has done from the beginning to the end.
Ecclesiastes 3:11
 

Now after John was arrested, Jesus came into Galilee, proclaiming the gospel of God, and saying, "The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent and believe in the gospel."
Mark 1:14-15
 

Paul, a servant of God and an apostle of Jesus Christ, for the sake of the faith of God's elect and their knowledge of the truth, which accords with godliness, in hope of eternal life, which God, who never lies, promised before the ages began and at the proper time manifested in his word through the preaching with which I have been entrusted by the command of God our Savior;
Titus 1:1-3
 

Now to him who is able to keep you from stumbling and to present you blameless before the presence of his glory with great joy, to the only God, our Savior, through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, dominion, and authority, before all time and now and forever. Amen.
Jude 1:24-25
 

The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance.
2 Peter 3:9

No comments:

Post a Comment