Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Someone Else's Mess

The trouble with used appliances, or houses, is that you often end up cleaning up someone else's mess. =P I was blessed (read that with a question mark) with a used oven a little over a year ago. I was excited at the time, but a little frustrated with how messy it was! I scrubbed it down pretty well before we even moved it to our house, but there were some places that I couldn't figure out how to get to, to clean the gunk out. Today I couldn't stand it anymore & pulled out a couple screwdrivers and my cleaning supplies & proceeded to scrub my oven.

At the beginning I was thinking, "Arrrggghhhhh!!! I HATE cleaning up other people's messes!" Now I've mentioned before that I'm a slow learner. I think God just keeps repeating the same lessons because I keep forgetting. Anyway, He reminded me that He keeps cleaning up my mess (read that "sin") WITHOUT complaints. Duly chastised, I finished scrubbing my oven thanking my Father that He is willing to clean up my messy heart, AND thanking Him for my oven. =)

But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus his Son cleanses us from all sin. If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
1 John 1:7-9
 

I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you shall be clean from all your uncleannesses, and from all your idols I will cleanse you. And I will give you a new heart, and a new spirit I will put within you. And I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. And I will put my Spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes and be careful to obey my rules.
Ezekiel 36:25-27
 

Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

No comments:

Post a Comment